A Letter from Board Chair, Yvette Jones
As you know, CEO Josh Densen recently announced that he will leave Bricolage Academy at the end of 2019 to become CEO of High Resolves North America. We all are grateful to Josh for providing a solid vision and strong leadership to Bricolage, and we thank him for turning a dream of a new school model focused on innovation and equity into reality over the past decade.
On June 7, a CEO Search Committee was announced, chaired by Board member Deborah Elam, President/CEO of Corporate Play book Consulting, and comprised of board leaders and esteemed members of the local education community. A full list of the search committee membership, a schedule of their work, and a position statement for the new CEO can be found on this website. We will add to the site as additional materials are available, as further process steps are scheduled, and as we have news to share. A key to the success of this search will be a continuing dialogue with the Bricolage community. We value community input and encourage nominations of potential candidates. Input should be directed to email@example.com. Our goal is to appoint a new CEO by November 1, 2019, with a start date no later than July 1, 2020.
This is an exciting time filled with new opportunities for Bricolage. As we continue to grow and mature as a school, we will remain focused on maintaining our distinctive qualities while continuing to build on our strengths: academic excellence, creativity, character development emphasizing social and emotional learning, and a diverse and inclusive community. We intend to continue building on our strengths and achievements as we transition to a new CEO in 2020.
Yvette M. Jones
CEO Job Description and Application
A job description for the Bricolage CEO position can be found here.
The CEO Search Committee has asked all interested candidates to submit a resume and professional statement of purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CEO Search Committee
The Bricolage Board of Directors has assembled a CEO Search Committee to lead the search process. The search committee can be contacted at email@example.com and its members are listed below.
Search Committee Members
- Deb Elam, Committee Chair and Bricolage Board member
- Yvette Jones, Bricolage Board Chair
- Alan Philipson, Former Bricolage Board Chair
- Carolyn Chandler, Former Headmistress at Metairie Park Country Day School
- Dr. Anthony Recasner, CEO Agenda for Children
- Lesley-Ann Rey, Bricolage Community Association (PTA) President
The Search Committee process is subject to open meetings laws and will follow the timeline below:
- Application window opened: June 15
- Parent listening sessions: Tuesday, July 23 at 12:00 pm & Wednesday, July 24 at 6:00 pm (find notes from the listening sessions here)
- Application window closed: August 15
- Search Committee meets to review resumes: week of August 19
- Bricolage staff listening session: August 22, 4:00 pm (find notes from the listening sessions here)
- Search committee meeting: the afternoon of either September 30 or October 1, 2019
- Candidate interviews and public presentations: TBD
- Search Committee recommendation: TBD
- Board vote on nomination: either October Board meeting (October 17, 2019; 4 pm) or November Board meeting (November 12, 2019; 4 pm)
Latest Update from the CEO Search Committee
October 31, 2019: The CEO Search committee met on October 1, 21, 29 and 30 to interview candidates. The committee will close the application window at 11:59 pm on November 1, 2019. The committee will reconvene soon to advance candidates in the next steps in the process. (exact day and time to be determined and announced in advance).